Project Type: Basement Remodeling / Basement Finishing
Project Location: Chicago
This Chicago homeowner was looking to transform their old dusty unfinished basement into a living space that the entire family could enjoy. This extensive basement finishing project required architectural plans to submit the project for permit approval by the City of Chicago. The project included the installation of new stairs to the lower level and build out of walls that included electrical installations and more.
We also installed new exterior windows to bring more light into this previously dark basement. As a professional flooring contractor we were happy to install new laminate wood floor with moisture barrier. Some last minute additions included building custom storage to utilize the space and CAT5 low voltage wiring for flat screen TV's and entertainment center.
View images captured of this recent "Chicago Basement Finishing Project"
Basement Remodeling Project in Chicago Included:
- Project included acquisition of permits and scheduling required inspections with the City of Chicago.
- Containment of basement work area. Sealed of vents and door ways to keep and sediment from leaving the work area.
- Daily removal of project debris.
- Build out of walls required wood stud framing.
- Electrical switches and outlet installation.
- Drywall Wall and ceiling installed.
- Canned lighting installation.
- New Laminate Flooring Installation.
- New trim and baseboards installed and painted.