A new homeowner contacted Skor Construction to discuss a kitchen remodeling project they had in mind for their new home in Elk Grove Village. The existing kitchen seemed small and compartmentalized. The current kitchen offered small window opening into their dining room. Their idea was to open up the kitchen my removing the wall where that small window was and install a new kitchen island in it's place.
This total kitchen gut and rehab project required relocation of plumbing and electrical lines and fixtures. Within the proposal process, this client had reviewed our kitchen and bathroom remodeling portfolio and they like what they saw. Most importantly this young couple felt felt that our proposal covered all the bases.
Kitchen Remodeling Project in Elk Grove Village by local Contractor included:
- Project included developing plans for submission to Elk Grove Village for kitchen remodeling project, this project required stamp from a structural engineer for work relative to removing a wall and installing a header beam for structural support.
- Project required a building permit which was achieved by Skor Construction. We also coordinated scheduling of all required inspections by Elk Grove Village Building Department.
- Demolished and removed old cabinets, counter tops, soffits and a wall to provide more usable space for this new kitchen configuration.
- Removed old laminate wood floors.
- Daily removal of dirt and debris Skor Construction.
- Installed partial new wall to replace old wall, this new wall housed electric and plumbing for the new tub sink that would be installed.\
- Installed new structural support header beam.
- Constructed the new reconfigured kitchen remodel design which slightly relocated plumbing.
- Installed new plumbing pipes and fixtures installed by licensed plumber.
- New grey shaker cabinets with crown molding and quartz counter tops installed by Skor Construction local cabinet contractor.
- New kitchen island with matching shaker kitchen cabinets and quartz counter tops installed by Skor Construction local cabinet contractor
- Installed new subway style glass tile as kitchen backsplash.
- Installation of new farm tub kitchen sink.
- Installed all new hardware on all new shaker kitchen cabinets.
- Installed new Decora electrical outlets, Decora electrical light switches and electrical light fixtures by licensed electrician.
- Installed new can lighting in both the kitchen and attached dining room area.
- Installed new outlets for flat screen TV in new remodeled kitchen.
- Hung new flat screen TV mount and TV.
- Repaired and tightened subfloors and installed new sub flooring as needed to provide a quality base fr the new laminate wood flooring.
- New wood laminate floors installed on the entire 1st floor also by Skor Construction.
- New 4" Floor boards and shoe boards, and also new door and wall trim. All painted.
- Installed all new applianced purchased by client. Including stove/oven, hood exhaust fan, refrigerator and relative water line for ice machine.
- Painted all kitchen and dining area walls and trims.
- Certificate of occupancy granted by Elk Grove Village after the completion of this kitchen remodeling project.
View images of this "Kitchen Remodeling Project in Elk Grove Village" by local Contractor:
If you are seeking a local Elk Grove Village kitchen remodeling and cabinet contractor to assist you with an upcoming project, then contact Skor Construction today for a free estimate!